Lanna, or Northern, food culture in Thailand exists as a result of the blending of different eras and local ethnics groups, including migrants from China, Laos, and Myanmar. This cultural commingling resulted in what we classify today as Northern Thai cuisine.
Notable features of Lanna cuisine include a tendency toward tamarind over lime for tartness, little use of coconut milk, a penchant for bold spices and herbs, and the use of fermented soy beans.
Inspired by my travels in the region, this wholly vegan supper club is designed to showcase some favourite Northern Thai foods.
Some of the dishes
- This event is entirely vegan and foods are prepared in a vegan kitchen.
- Please feel free to BYOB (or three).
- This event is not gluten free and unfortunately I am unable cater for other allergens at this time.
- This is an intimate event where you will share a dining table with other guests who have purchased tickets.
- To see reviews of past events, you can view my profile on EatWith.
- You can follow me on instagram @kippysnacks to see photos of my Thai food and read messyvegancook.com for my Thai recipes.
- This event takes place in my home, which is a 6 minute walk from Beckton Park DLR station. The address will be given after tickets are purchased.
- I live with two cats.
- Please feel free to contact me with any questions.